2001-09-28#6: container test4 repost

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:24:39 +0100
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

The URL for the disputed test is

The crucial part being:

  <rdf:li rdf:ID="e4" foo:bar="foobar" />

This matches both

"If the ID attribute is given it is the identifier of this new resource."

and the contradictory

"The value of the ID attribute, if specified, is the identifier for the
resource that represents the reification of the statement."

This may be in scope for the issue #rdfms-not-id-and-resource-attr

If it isn't in scope, we could raise a new issue; personally I would extend
the scope if necessary.

The thread that DaveB and I alluded to at the teleconference was:

where Dan expressed surpise at the test.

Certainly, the test has very little to do with containers.