Re: rdfms-rdf-names-use

At 12:15 19/11/2001 +0000, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

>Improved wording ...

[...]

>New proposed:
>
>o resolves that the use of the qname 'rdf:Description' except as the
>   name of a description element is an error
>o resolves that the use of the qnames 'rdf:ID', 'rdf:about',
>   'rdf:resource', 'rdf:bagID', 'rdf:parseType' except as reserved
>    names as specified in the grammar is an error
>o resolves that the use of the qnames 'rdf:Bag', 'rdf:Alt'
>   and 'rdf:Seq' except as typed nodes is an error

Thanks for the improvement.

I'm happy to accept DanC's suggestion that we should not syntactically
restrict the use of rdf:Bag, rdf:Alt and rdf:Seq. I also noticed that I'd
left out rdf:RDF, rdf:li and rdf:aboutEach from the list of reserved
names.  Did I miss any more; DaveB you have a list somewhere.  I wonder if
we can simplify it all to:

   o Resolves that the use of qnames rdf:RDF, rdf:ID, rdf:about,
     rdf:resource, rdf:bagID, rdf:parseType, rdf:aboutEach and rdf:li except
     as reserved names as specified in the grammar is an error.

We also have the case of names not in the name space.  Should the parser
barf if it meets a property or a typed node like rdf:foo?