RE: The X Datatype Proposal

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:38:56 -0600
To: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>I fully agree, which is the default for the X model. A
>statement is just a statement. It is not asserted until
>and unless someone makes a statement about that statement
>that indicates that it was asserted, e.g. via the
>proposed property assertedBy (some authority).

But what makes THAT asserted? You seem to be in a vicious regress
here. If a statement isn't asserted until another statement about it
is asserted, then that in turn isn't asserted until an even bigger
statement about IT is asserted, and so on.

Pat

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes