Re: Issue rdfms-boolean-valued-properties

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 20:25:27 -0600
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>Issue
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-boolean-valued-properties
>
>requests a standard way to represent boolean valued properties and
>suggests the definition of rdf:is and rdf:isNot properties to meet
>this need.
>
>Propose that as schema data types define a boolean data value, this
>issue be merged with:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfs-xml-schema-datatypes

Hmm, not sure I agree. That is one way to do it, but another would be
to say that a boolean-valued property should be identified with a
class; the property is true of aaa iff aaa is in the class. The
example of ChocolateLover certainly suggests this to me. Then rdf:is
would be rdf:type.

Pat

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes