Re: datatypes and MT (#rdfms-graph)

>Graham Klyne wrote:
>>
>[...]
>>  Dan,
>>
>>  would it break your mental model if the above N-triples-like syntax was
>>  modified to be:
>>
>>           terms:
>>                   constant (URIs w/fragids)
>>                   string literals
>>                   bnodes (existentially quantified variables)
>>           statement:
>>                   term constant term.
>>           formula:
>>                   statement*
>>
>>  ?
>
>Umm... mental model... dunno. It involves 2 changes:
>* no literals in the property slot. no great loss there...
>
>* no bnodes in the property slot. Real loss of functionality.
>I don't have a strong argument that it was ever there, but
>I use it quite a bit,

Wow, can you say how? I think you must be the only person who has
even thought of using it.

>  and I expect there are things we
>want to model with RDF that won't work without it.
>(in particular: languages with n-ary functions/relations).

? How can it do that? (You don't need anonymity to do Currying!)

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes