RE: Answer to the question: What is a "value" to RDF

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:43:15 +0200
To: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com, phayes@ai.uwf.edu
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

> > Well hold on. It isn't clear that there are any RDF classes
> denoting
> > datatypes, at present. In the S proposal, for example,
> datatype names
> > are RDF property names, not class names. So I do not know from what
> > population you are getting 'most' here.
>
> Right. I stand corrected. I should have stated "Most RDF resources
> denoting..."

Actually, I take that back.

rdfs:range expects a class as its value, and I think it is
a fairly reasonable assumption that data types are classes,
per the semantics of subClassOf, etc. so even though it might
not be strictly stated somewhere that data types are RDF classes,
I think it is fair to assume they are, and perhaps it should
be stated as such.

Cheers,

Patrick