Re: datatypes and MT

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 19:48:20 -0600
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>Pat Hayes wrote:
>
>[...]
>

>>Maybe we should ask our Chair what the intended scope of this
>>discussion is supposed to be. By 'datatype' should we understand
>>only XML datatypes, or *any* datatyping scheme that anyone could
>>possibly dream up, or something in between? Are there any general
>>assumptions that we can make about all 'reasonable' datatyping
>>schemes?
>

>I would seek Dan Brickley's advice on this, however as a working
>assumption I would suggest we focus our attention on our charter
>requirement to explain to users how to use RDF Schema datatypes with
>RDF.

??

  What exactly is the difference between an RDF Schema and an RDF
Schema datatype, and how would one of the latter be used to fix the
interpretation of a literal?

Pat

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes