Re: datatypes and MT (#rdfms-graph)

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 18:06:22 +0000
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
At 10:13 AM 11/7/01 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
>I suggest IEXT("foo") is empty, and similarly for all literals;
>I think that captures the intuition that literals shouldn't
>be used as properties.

I don't think IEXT("foo") is meaningful.  If you meant IEXT(I("foo")) then
I'd observe that there is no prohibition on I("foo") being the same as
I(my:property).

I think that (part of) the technical difficulty to which Pat alludes is
syntactic/representational in nature, because it would require label
scoping to be introduced into the abstract graph syntax.

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>