Re: Proposed issue resolutions

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 08:53:49 +0000
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
CC: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Pat Hayes wrote:

>> I'm being thick again.  Can someone explain how this works for
>> resources which are neither properties nor classes.
>

> It doesn't, relax. I have this annoying habit of reacting to emails when
> I read them, which sometimes misses things that have been said since.

No problem.  However to take note of Aaron's point, propose instead:

Propose postpone

   http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-equivalent-uris

on the grounds that the issue of defining an equivalence mechanism for arbritary
URI's is out of scope of the WG's current charter.  The WG notes however, that
by allowing cycles in rdfs:subPropertyOf and rdfs:subClassOf RDF Schema provides
a related mechanism for properties and classes.