Datatyping P & S

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:34:11 -0000
To: "rdf core" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Somewhat serious suggestion:
---------------------------

I suggest we refer to the two datatyping proposals as P and S.

P for Pat or Peter.
S for Sergey.

Pretty pointless paragraphs:
----------------------------

This has the advantage that we can then each think of the two
approaches with our own personal prejudices.

Perfect, Splendid

or

Pointless, Silly.

Moreover we could limit all future e-mails on datatyping to one
word per message.

e.g. "Positive" would be support for P.
"Standard" for S.

Our new recruit, as a special dispensation, would be allowed to
send extra long, two word e-mails, such as "Patrick Stickler".
This would of course leave us none-the-wiser as to which of the
positions he advocated, perhaps both.

When the mud-slinging begins, it can be concise:

"Paludal", "Sodden"

An important advantage is that we then have a termination proof
for our datatyping discussion: the P and the S sections of the
dictionary are both finite.

Jeremy