Dan Connolly wrote:
[...]

> 	<rdf:Description rdf:about="#me">
> 	  <shoeSize>
>             <integer decimalRep="10"/>
> 	  </shoeSize>
>         </rdf:Description>
>
> To fill in the details... let dt:
> be the namespace of XML Schema primitive datatypes,
> and let rdfs:str be a new property
> that relates XML Schema datatype to strings;
> it's unambiguous over each of the primitive datatypes;
> in the case of dt:string, it's the identity relation.
>
> 	<rdf:Description rdf:about="#me">
> 	  <shoeSize>
>             <dt:decimal rdfs:str="10"/>
> 	  </shoeSize>
>         </rdf:Description>

This isn't the same as above is it?  In your first example I could have extended
it to read:

  	<rdf:Description rdf:about="#me">
  	  <shoeSize>
              <integer decimalRep="10" hexadecimalrep="A"/>
  	  </shoeSize>
          </rdf:Description>

I don't seem to be able to do that with your second example.  Are there
advantages to that which you have written over:

  	<rdf:Description rdf:about="#me">
  	  <shoeSize dt:decimal="10"/>
         </rdf:Description>

or if you want the type property explicit, we need to invent a URI for the value
space of the xsd datatype:

         <rdf:Description rdf:about="#me">
           <shoeSize>
             <eg:integer dt:decimal="10"/>