Re: heading toward datatyping telecon

From: Jeremy Carroll <ping.pong@tin.it>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:40:45 +0100
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Brian:
> how should I write:
>
>  "subject" <rdf:type> <rdf:Literal> .
>
> in RDF/XML?

you don't (well not by itself)

But that doesn't stop us adding the triple to the graph in response to type
information.
Moreover, once we allow this N-Triples proves inadequate, as your example
shows.
In the graph we have a node labelled "subject" which has an <rdf:type> edge
leaving it. We may well have another node also labelled "subject" with a
different <rdf:type> edge leaving it. Indeed, in the examples in which "3"
occurs both as a number and as a string in the same graph, the graph would
need to have two different nodes labelled "3".

Jeremy