Re: Issue http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-abouteachprefix

Stephen Petschulat/CanWest/IBM <spetschu@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> Is this an open & shut case or is there a group with a vested interest in
> it (web developers?) that may want it to stay in? I don't know all of the
> history of it, but perhaps some of the participants of the original WG can
> shed some light on this. If no one speaks up in its defense, I assume
> deprecation is the right route.

Certainly, I do not think we can leave aboutEachPrefix in its current form.
I see two possibilities:

    1) Have it generate triples, rather than make such a wide assertion. So:

<rdf:Description rdf:aboutEachPrefix="http://example.org/">
    <s:prop>Blah</s:prop>
</rdf:Description>

would generate something like:

<http://example.org/> :aboutEachPrefix [ s:prop "Blah" ] .

    2) Remove it from the spec and recommend that RDF users instead choose a
       higher-level system such as URIspace:

        http://www.w3.org/TR/urispace

--
Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>| ...schoolyard subversion...