Re: Test cases: format of input and output

From: Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:01:29 +0100 (BST)
To: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
cc: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, RDFCore Working Group <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
On Sun, 27 May 2001, Aaron Swartz wrote:

> Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
>
> > I think you're not taking into account cases like...
> >
> > <#DanC> <#hasCousin>
> > [ <#hairColor> <#brown> ].
>
> Hmm, good point. OK, how about:
>
> [ <#hairColor> <#brown> ; is <#hasCousin> of <#DanC> ] .

What I'm after is a format for producing output from parsers (for
instance) that _doesn't_ require complicated handling; I don't want to
have to debug my test-output generator or reader too!

Triples are fine. A graph-matching algorithm might have a high cost
theoretically, but if we're talking about test cases producing less than
50ish nodes, this shouldn't be a problem.

The reason I used l("blah") rather than "blah", incidentally, is to
permit the attachment of additional information l("blah","language").

I don't really care what the syntax looks like* as long as it's trivial
to produce.

jan

* only religious opinion is "SPO, not PSO" :-)

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
Axioms speak louder than words.