Backwards compatibility [Was: Re: Issue http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-ns-prefix-confusion]

From: Art Barstow <barstow@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:28:09 -0400
To: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 11:06:27AM +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:

> ISSUE: I hereby call for an issue on the wording of deprecation and
> backwards compatibility so we don't have to conflate it or get
> diverted from addressing issues.

I just wanted like to second this good idea!

I would also like the chairs to clarify what (if any) restrictions
the WG has wrt to syntax changes.  For example, is there is a
blanket statement that can be applied to all issues?

The only reference I found in the WG charter:

 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCoreWGCharter

regarding backwards compatibility is:

 [[
  Backwards compatibility with existing RDF applications is a priority
  for the RDF Core Working Group.
 ]]

so I'd also like to know - what does this really mean?

Art
---