Re: XML infoset conformance -- new issue?

I agree with the gist of your suggestion, Graham,
but before anybody creates a new issue, I consider
this to fall under an existing issue:

  should be replaced. Something based on XML Schema should be
  considerd."

  -- http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-formal-grammar

Has that issue reached sifficient priority that we
should attack it?

Art, if you'd be willing to own that issue, I'd be
willing to work with you on it.

But I'm also happy for a few other issues to be
addressed first; I have a ways to go before I'm
ready to suggest a replacement for the whole RDF
grammar.

Graham Klyne wrote:

> Having just read through the XML infoset CR [1], which is commendably brief
> and to-the-point, I note in particular the section 3 that sets out
> requirements for other specifications to be conformant to this spec.
>
> I am thinking that, in redrafting the XML syntax of the RDF core, there may
> be value in making its relationship to XML infoset the primary definition

Quite; if we use XML Schema and/or XSLT for our formal
grammar, we get that for free (more or less).