XML infoset conformance -- new issue?

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:34:11 +0100
To: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Having just read through the XML infoset CR [1], which is commendably brief
and to-the-point, I note in particular the section 3 that sets out
requirements for other specifications to be conformant to this spec.

I am thinking that, in redrafting the XML syntax of the RDF core, there may
be value in making its relationship to XML infoset the primary definition
(hence keeping the RDF specification away from being caught up standard XML
syntax issues -- such as empty property elements).  A direct BNF for
RDF/XML could also be included for informational purposes if still required.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)