Re: Issue http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-ns-prefix-confusion

>>>Aaron Swartz said:
> Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> > 7.  Unprefixed attributes not on The List have no meaning in RDF
> >   and MUST NOT be used to generate statements.   Processors MUST
> >   also skip the element containing such attributes and generate no
> >   statements for the entire XML element and content.

> >   This is consistent with existing words in RDF M&S describing
> >   actions when unknown rdf: attributes are found:
> >
> >     [[ When an RDF processor encounters an XML element or attribute
> >     name that is declared to be from a namespace whose name begins
> >     with the string "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax" and the
> >     processor does not recognize the semantics of that name then
> >     the processor is required to skip (i.e., generate no tuples
> >     for) the entire XML element, including its content, whose name
> >     is unrecognized or that has an attribute whose name is
> >     unrecognized.]]
> >     -- http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/ section 6
>
> I believe this is incorrect. The words in M&S apply to attributes/elements
> beginning with the string "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax" -- rdf:
> attributes begin with the string
> "http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" and thus this requirement does
> not reply to them. I suggest section 7 of your proposal be removed.

Yeah the reference in the discussion part is wrong - I'll remove it -
but the original item I feel holds:

  7.  Unprefixed attributes not on The List have no meaning in RDF
     and MUST NOT be used to generate statements.   Processors MUST
     also skip the element containing such attributes and generate no
     statements for the entire XML element and content.

This is to explicitly say what is implict in the the BNF - unprefixed
attributes have never been allowed in RDF/XML grammar.  I've gone a
bit further to say what to do when they are seen so that there is
so consistency in handling them.  This means that all namespace
element/attribute prefixing is covered.

Dave