Introduction - Ron Daniel

From: Ron Daniel <rdaniel@interwoven.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 23:43:46 -0700
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Hi all,

I've just joined the group - had to free up some time from
other tasks first.

My name is Ron Daniel. I was on the original RDF groups,
also in the early Dublin Core work. Current position is
"Standards Architect" at Interwoven, where I am leading our
metadata standards effort. Toward that end I co-chair the
PRISM working group[1], which has just released version 1.0
of its metadata spec. Centroid of the audience for that spec
is magazine publishers, Interwoven is backing it because:
  1) It exists now, and has the right foundation for the
     future (RDF, Dublin Core + other namespaces, ...)
  2) If it covers the basic needs of magazine publishers, it
     should do very well as a starting point for our customers.

Later,
Ron

[1] www.prismstandard.org