Re: Followup on rdf-ns-prefix-confusion

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 10:06:34 -0500
To: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>, Art Barstow <barstow@w3.org>
CC: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:

> 2.  Existing parsers MUST accept the about, id etc. attributes in
>   unqualified form on input but MUST NOT emit them on output.

Looking over this again, I think this should be changed to:

    Parsers MAY accept the about, id, etc. attributes in
    unqualified form on input but MUST NOT emit them on output.

Why would we want to make an additional rules for "existing parsers"?

Also, do we define how parsers should interpret unqualified attributes? If
so, how should one process this testcase (as raised by Jason Diamond on
rdf-interest):

<eg:Class about="http://foo">
  <eg:property>bar</eg:property>
</eg:Class>