Re: Issue http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/Overview.html#rdf-containers-syn tax-ambiguity

At 11:21 AM 4/23/01 +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:

>I ask the RDF Core WG consider the proposal for this issue
>based on the document written by Brian McBride and myself:
>
>   A Proposed Interpretation of RDF Containers
>   http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/bwm/rdf/issues/containersyntax/current.htm
>
>where we make several proposals:
>
>   1. remove the ambiguity by making the container productions
>      part of the typedNode (6.13) production
>   2. make rdf:li legal wherever propName (6.14) can be used
>   3. describe rules for processing rdf:li into specific enumerated
>      rdf:_<n> properties

That sounds fine to me.  I thought your paper on interpretation of
containers was very good.

>   4. give a description of the interaction with rdf:aboutEach

I'd like to see rdf:aboutEach removed from the core, being a feature that
exists in the XML syntax without any corresponding representation in the
RDF graph.  (If still needed, I would expect it to be re-introduced in a
syntax-only document.)

>although #4 may need to be deferred dependent on what, if anything is
>done with rdf:aboutEach.
>
>The above have no or minimal impact on existing deployed RDF or
>parsers, and actually make the grammar more regular for parsing.

#g