Re: Resolution for rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about

Aaron,

Aaron Swartz wrote:
[...]
> ** Resolution
>
> Use of rdf:ID is equivalent to use of the equivalent rdf:about
> attribute, obtained by prefixing the # character and
> URI-encoding non-ASCII characters.

I hate this when we get into wordsmithing when we all know what we mean -
one advantage just deciding the test cases has is we usually don't have to
do that.

I just realised that rdf:ID can be used in situations where it is
not equivalent to an rdf:about.  Here is a suggested alternative wording
of your resolution - feel free to improve suggest an another of your
own:

  Where an rdf:ID attribute or an rdf:about attribute may be used to
  identify a resource,  rdf:ID="xxx" is equivalent to rdf:about="#xxx".
  If the value of the rdf:ID attribute contains characters that are
  not legal in a URI, the usual escaping mechanism referred to in the
  Model and Syntax Recommendation is used to represent them in the
  equivalent rdf:about attribute.