Re: Resolution for rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Aaron Swartz wrote:

> I have put together a proposed resolution for
> rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about in hopes that we may
> resolve the issue in this weeks telecon.
>
> ** Resolution
>
> Use of rdf:ID is equivalent to use of the equivalent rdf:about
> attribute, obtained by prefixing the # character and
> URI-encoding non-ASCII characters.
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This might need tidying up. Maybe just cite the process as described in
(I think) rdf 1690 (ish).

> The following phrase and other similar text is removed from M&S
> specification as an error:
>
> 	The ID attribute signals the creation of a new resource
>
> This decision is based on section 6 of the specification which states:
>
> 	The ID attribute, if specified, provides the URI fragment
> identifier for c.
>
> along with a large body of implementation experience.
>
> ** Test Cases
>
> The text of the resolution, along with a set of test cases are
> available at:
>
> http://www.blogspace.com/rdf/rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about/
>
> Comments are greatly appreciated,

These look fine.

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
( echo "ouroboros"; cat ) > /dev/fd/0 # it's like talking to yourself sometimes