From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:45:18 +0100
To: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
The message that raises this issue suggests that xml:lang attributes are
not represented in the model.

An interpretation of m&s is that a literal is not a simple string but is
in fact a pair of two strings (s, l), s representing the string value of the
literal and the l being the language encoding, e.g. the value of
an xml:lang attribute.

With this interpretation, we would need to modify n-triple so that it
could represent the pair, not just the literal string.  Personally,
I've been writing:  "string"-"lang", but I'm not precious about the
precise syntax and would be happy for one of the N3 designers to
propose something in keep with the langauge design.

This issue is related to:

I'll something more about that in a separate message.