Re: draft partitioning of the issues

From: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 19:45:09 -0500
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
To: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
On Monday, June 25, 2001, at 05:04  PM, pat hayes wrote:

>>> Which is maybe not how some folks would like it to be.  If we
>>> considered
>>> introducing this change, do you think we would need a syntax
>>> change to
>>> represent it?  Of course, anyone can now use data uri's now if
>>> they want to.
>>> We don't have to do anything to support that.
>>
>> No, I do not think a syntax change is necessary. This is
>> simply a change to the abstract syntax.
> ?? Surely a change to the abstract syntax is likely to require
> a change in any concrete syntax ??

I don't see why -- only a change in the interpretation of the
concrete syntax. With this proposal of simplification, the
expressive power of the current XML syntax is only greatened,
not lessened.

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      | ...schoolyard subversion...
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://aaronsw.com/school/>