Re: #rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about (every document is in the Web)

From: Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 11:36:32 +0100 (BST)
To: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
cc: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, w3c-rdfcore-wg <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Aaron Swartz wrote:

> No you don't. You can't show me anything that doesn't have a URI.

I take issue with this. _I_ don't have a URI. In fact, the attempt to
assign one to me (in the UK at least) may actually be illegal*.

And this is without getting particularly metaphysical. Of course, the
lucky joe who happened to own the domain that the one true URI (URL?)
for God occupies is probably in a priviledged position.

jan

* there's a limit to the lifetime of electronic identifiers for people;
and there is also a requirement that an electronic identifier for a
particular application should be licensed for the purposes of general
identification in a public application.

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
YKYBPTMRogueW... you try to move diagonally in vi.