Re: Abstract syntax: an attempt

At 09:16 AM 6/18/01 +0100, Brian McBride wrote:
> > - in M&S, we need a specific vocabulary to express/use reification.
> > Reification could be defined without relying on vocabularies.
>
>I'm wondering what you mean here by 'relying' on vocabularies.  Reification
>is currently defined using rdf:type, rdf:subject etc.  Those are
>vocabularies.

I think that it would be more precise to say that reification is _encoded_
using rdf:subject, etc..  The _definition_ of reification still seems to be
an undecided issue.

It also seems that some vocabulary-based semantics depend upon the use of
more than one vocabulary item in concert:  an idea that I think is
typically captured by "syntax".  (At this point, I refer you to my other
message in this batch.)

                                 <http://www.baltimore.com>