Re: nature of anon resource [was Re: log:forSome]

From: <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:43:22 +0100
To: martyn.horner@profium.com
Cc: fmanola@mitre.org, bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Martyn wrote:
[...]
> Not particularly clear, I guess: I'm trying to express the natural
> feeling that a `definition by properties' gives an anonynous resource a
> claim to a global identification. This may be the intuitive reading of
> the Skolemization process in the web scope.

right, and that is actually a dynamic thing, when
anonymous resources 'move' under the scope of univ.
quant. variables, they suddenly become more precise
(via extra descriptions) and as such they can
also be unified/resolved in a more precise way

case: 'the intersection point of 2 straight lines'
http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/simulteq.axiom.n3
where the 'influence' :foo is suddenly :bar

I think that a 'resource description' via such
anonymous nodes offers a least power 'framework'