Re: nature of anon resource [was Re: log:forSome]

From: <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 11:31:00 +0100
To: bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Hi Brian,

you wrote:
> jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com wrote:
>
> > > Can you give examples of the difference?
> >
> > the testresult
> > //////
> > _:a <uriref1> <uriref2>.
> > \\\\\\
> >
> > is different from the testresult
> > //////
> > <uri-of-this-document> <the-log-forSome-uri> _:a.
> > _:a <uriref1> <uriref2>.
> > \\\\\\
> >
> > in the former one _:a is a free variable
>
> What if we just say they are existentially qualified.

OK, that's also what I actually started to do
last friday when I wrote
  I have recently experimented with
  implicit scoping, but I think this is
                  ^of existentially quantified variables
  not a scalable approach.
but maybe I gave up to early...
You see, it's a bit like declaring variables
in programs (local scoping, lexical scoping,...)
I will further investigate this, and come back to you