RE: Draft Partitioning

From: Ron Daniel <rdaniel@interwoven.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 22:09:28 -0700
To: "Graham Klyne" <Graham.Klyne@Baltimore.com>, "Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: "rdf core" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Graham said:

> All this is predicated on the idea that reification is retained in
> approximately its current form.  It may be that this group decides that a
> different approach is called for (there have been numerous
> suggestions that
> there are more elegant ways to achieve the same ends).

As Guha's survey showed, the current version of reification is not
widely used. It seems like implementation experience is telling us
the current approach has not worked out. I would be interested in
other approaches.

> In any case, I think the RDF core should try to anticipate some ways in
> which richer semantics can be introduced.

Yes. More specifically, I think proposed RDF Cores must be tested
against the needs of the higher levels.

Regards,
Ron