Re: Draft Partitioning

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@Baltimore.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 11:05:29 +0100
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
At 06:06 PM 6/15/01 +0100, Brian McBride wrote:
>RDFCore: A base abstract syntax and a semantics for it.  The abstract syntax
>is equivalent to n-triple (can n-triple be that abstract syntax).  Nothing
>more - does not include type, containers, reification.

[...]

>Vocabularies (aka standard library): Reification and containers

I think that, to serve its intended purpose, that "reification" will need
to be handled in the core.  A message I have taken from the RDF-logic
discussion that it is really an abstract syntactic device to allow us to
express statement "nesting" (i.e. use without assertion).

See also my separate "abstract syntax" message.

                                 <http://www.baltimore.com>