Re: Draft Partitioning

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:51:18 -0500
Cc: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
To: Sergey Melnik <melnik@db.stanford.edu>
On Friday, June 15, 2001, at 06:49  PM, Sergey Melnik wrote:

> IMO reification has a chance to be introduced as a pure model feature
> not intrinsically bound to any vocabulary

Why do you want this? Is there a reason every RDF application
has to understand reification? I hope not, because that will
make RDF very confusing.

> In this perspective, it would not go under 'vocabularies'. Similarly,
> namespaces and literals are another two model features that might go
> into one of the layers in the 'core'.

To my knowledge, you still have not explained how namespaces fit
into the model. If I missed this somewhere, please send me a
pointer. I'm quite curious what you mean.