log:forSome (Was: Model-specific identity for anon resources, and its representation: A new issue?

From: <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:06:56 +0100
To: aswartz@upclink.com
Cc: Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

> > I think/hack that both anonymous *terms* can be *unified*
> > which is NOT the same as equality
>
> Then your hack only seems to works when we can unify anonymous
> terms, or they have some sort of UniqueProperty attached. How do
> we solve the general case?

There was some related discussion in the telecon
this afternoon, and I was kind of unable to explain
my point...(I'm really hopeless in that respect)

The thing about anonymous nodes is that they
are ***variables***
if they would be constants, we would be able
to identify them with ***URI constants***
Now they are actually existentially quantified
variables, something like: there exists an _:a
or (using existing vocab): this log:forSome _:a
So I think we should say that *explicitly*
is the testresults (and in the model theory)
(the general case?)