Re: #rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about

At 02:29 AM 6/15/01 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> > RDF absolutely has to make sense even outside the context of
> > an enclosing document which can be given a uri. so ...
>
>So... what? That doesn't make any sense to me.
>
>An RDF document is an XML document. Each XML document
>has a base URI (cf the infoset spec).

If this is  true, then it is not possible to transfer RDF data in transient
protocol elements.

Which means that (say) the CC/PP spec, formulated *by design* as a *format*
only for client capability data, cannot be regarded as a valid RDF application.

>If you copy the contents from one
>place in the web to another, you get a different XML
>document, and hence a difference RDF document; if
>it uses relative URI references, the resulting triples
>may be different.
>
>This is by design.

OK.

But what is the status of information that is not "on the Web"?

                                 <http://www.baltimore.com>