Re: action: danbri to get guha's summary of rdf feature

From: Sergey Melnik <melnik@db.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:01:18 -0700
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
CC: "R.V.Guha" <guha@guha.com>
My experience suggests that reification is a very useful feature. Here
are some additional usage notes.

In my research prototypes developed in Stanford, I use reification for
representing order and aggregation in RDF. I also added a pair of
parser/serializer to the RDF API that uses a very simple,
stream-oriented XML syntax that supports concise serialization of
reified statements. Whenever I utilize reification, or need efficiency,
I rely on edu.stanford.db.rdf.syntax.generic.TripleSerializer /
TripleParser instead of SiRPAC and M&S 1.0 RDF/XML serialization.

As to industry, Last Mile Services Inc. is using a relational engine for
managing RDF datasets with full reification support. Additionally, the
company is working on an SPKI-like security model, in which reification
is used to assign cryptographic signatures to pieces of RDF.

Sergey