Question about test cases. Was: Proposal for rdfms-not-id-and-resource-attr

From: Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:33:10 +0100 (BST)
To: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
cc: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
OK, one more try. I'm pretty ambivalent about the xml:base issue.
However, because the value of rdf:id is syntactically an XML name
symbol (not a URI), which appears to get resolved into an absolute URI
dependant on the base URI of the RDF it appears in, I _can't_ post my
test cases and results to the list in the same email unless I have a
moment of prescience, wherever they use nonabsolute URIs.

We agreed that ntriples should use absolute URIs. So while Aaron's
output is highly suggestive:

>     <#foobar> rdf:subject _:genid .

the subject there looks illegal to me.

That's why xml:base appears in the rdf:RDF element containing a couple
of test cases. If someone has an easy way to fix this, please let me
know. If that means extending ntriples to use this URI-base-unaware
notation, fine, but I'd like to see a definitive
draw-a-line-under-it-and-go-no-further ntriples definition.

Cheers,
jan

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk