Re: Minutes: JUN-01-2001 WG Teleconference

From: <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 14:29:53 +0100
To: barstow@w3.org
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org, www-archive/n3bugs@w3.org, timbl@w3.org

> Issue #2

>    Owner: Jan Grant
>    Resolve disposition of test cases in:
>         http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001May/0081.html
>         http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001May/0082.html
>  Jan: I consider this done and want feedback or it will go into
>    the errata.
>  ACTION: JUN-01-01-#3: Jos: review the test cases

I've reviewed all 14 cases and found the following:
test1  OK
test2  OK
test3  OK
test4  OK
test5  is dependent on reification-needed issue!!!
       so I think we should be careful here
       so I don't (yet) agree with the test result
test6  same conclusion as test5
test7  OK
test8  OK
test9  OK
test10 OK
test11 same conclusion as test5
test12 same conclusion as test5
error1 I think there should be a test result with 0 triples
       Maybe an error document should produce 0 triples
       but there could be an issue here (my first issue?)
       so I don't (yet) agree with the test result (because
       there is none)
error2 same as error1

So my conclusion is that we cannot close this issue before
we resolve the reification-needed issue (don't shoot the

I also collected some feedback for Tim & Dan about cwm 1.53
-> 0 triples instead of 1 triple

-> 1 triple instead of 4 triples (dependent on reification-needed issue and
   even without reification test6 and test12 produce the wrong triple)

-> 1 triple instead of 0 triples

ps I'm really amazed how even simple test cases (Jan did a real great job)
   can have such an impact (even on what people are saying/doing)