Re: XML:Base - impact on RDF (first pass)

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Brian McBride wrote:

> It
>
> Jan Grant wrote:
>
> [...]
> > the xml:base part matches the propAttr production in the grammar of
> > section 6 (production [6.10]) and will (according to section 6 thus far)
> > emit something like:
> >
> > <http://random.ioctl.org/#bletch> <http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespacebase> "http://other.ioctl.org/#zub".
> >
> > ...which looks a bit broken to me. (I'm using the NS-concatenation rule
> > together with the standard binding for the xml namespace here).
>
> Someone, I think it might have been Graham, suggested recently that
> attributes in the xml namespace should not generate properties.
>
> Any thoughts?

This looks like it might be a good idea; it occurred to me too and I
remember someone mentioning it, but couldn't find the message when I
went looking for it.

Literals are slowly accruing (at least potentially) a bunch of
attributes from the XML serialisation (xml:lang, xml:base) which are
part of (properties of) the literal, but don't show up as triples.

...Although I believe an issue is outstanding to decide whether
such attributes should be directly reflected in the triple layer of the
RDF model. My personal belief is that any such reflection should be done
at the application layer, not mandated by RDF.

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
perl -e 's?ck?t??print:perl==pants if $_="Just Another Perl Hacker\n"'