Re: #rdfms-identity-anon-resources: provenance

At 01:44 PM 7/26/01 -0700, pat hayes wrote:
>Right, good example; though I think we have to treat URI's differently
>from URL's in  any case.

Oooh!  A bit of Web heresy there, I think.  Depending on one's point of
view, the typical Web view is something like this:
(a) there is no difference between URLs and URIs -- they're just
identifiers, or
(b) a URL is just a kind of URI that contains some built-in hints about how
to use the Web to access the resource it names (e.g., protocol, addressing
information), which isn't otherwise semantically significant (for RDF).

Any way, I think that treating things differently based on a URL/URI
distinction is to go on very shaky ground.

                                 <http://www.baltimore.com>