Re: N-Triples: Naming anonnodes

From: dehora <acm@dehora.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 02:35:42 +0100
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

""" Aaron:

Obviously this wouldn't work for N-Triples output from a data in
which ordering information had been lost ...

RDF doesn't have a natural ordering over statements where the
above would make sense. You'd be imposing a convenience ordering
over RDF syntax parsers that doesn't exist in the _model or grammar(s).
Plus more brittle implementations which are looking at the ordering
rather than the implied graph, might miss possible equivalences...
but that's programming with side effects for you.

I don't see why tag URIs can't be used for anon nodes...maybe I don't
see why anon nodes need to be made equivalent or consistent in the
first place.