Re: A use case for anon nodes - action from telecon

pat hayes wrote:
[...]
> Well, it COULD, but theres nothing in the RDF to say that it DOES. I
> don't think that any agent could read this much RDF and figure out
> what someone was saying about roses and such.

Sure.  Its an incomplete example intended to illustrate a use of
anon resources.  Maybe we cut it down too much, but the idea was not
to clutter things up.

[...]
> You might want to say that the meaning of 'product' and 'minQuantity'
> somehow ought to convey the intended meaning about selling things in
> batches of a certain minimal size, but where does that information
> reside? If there is a common vocabulary of these terms that
> advertisers all understand, then its meaning needs to be specified
> somewhere, maybe in an RDF or DAML+OIL Kbase (?), or else somehow in
> the advertisement itself. It isn't built into RDF, for sure.

Absolutely.  Some systems will have built in knowledge of what
the properties, types, etc actually mean and how to process them.

> Pat
>
> PS. This morning I had some kind of local email crash and lost all
> messages to this list since last night, so if anything sent anything
> vital in the last 12 hours could they please Cc me another copy?
> Thanks.

:(

There's been a fair amount of traffic - you might like to check the
archive -

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jul/

One of the nice features of this archive is that there is a link in the
archived messages that let's you reply to them so the replies appear in
the right thread - at least it seems to work on my machine.

Brian