Re: A use case for anon nodes - action from telecon

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:40:53 -0700
To: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>On Monday, July 23, 2001, at 09:26  PM, pat hayes wrote:
>
>>It amounts to a global unique-name assumption, which is obviously
>>not correct on the Web, since it isnt even correct on many web
>>pages. It may be correct (in an ideal world) for URL's, but it
>>cannot be assumed for all URIs
>
>Do you mean URNs, not URLs?

No, I meant URL's, which I take to mean a URI that locates something.
I'm not sure about URN's: I don't see any global unique-name
assumption (ie the assumption that everything has a unique name, so
different names must denote distinct things) in the URN specs
anywhere, but maybe I just havnt found it.

Pat

(650)859 6569 w
(650)494 3973 h (until September)
phayes@ai.uwf.edu