Re: #rdfms-identity-anon-resources: provenance

At 07:45 AM 7/23/01 +0100, Brian McBride wrote:

>Graham Klyne wrote:
>[...]
>

> > (3) Ultimately, the assurance conveyed by a signature will apply, I think,
> > to the model theoretic interpretation of the information (in which, I
> > assert, genid's and other identifying forms will not generally be present).
>
>Not sure I follow that one, but it is suggesting to me that anon resources
>must be distinguishable from non-anonymous ones in the model.  Otherwise
>the model does not represent what the sender signed.

In this case, I come to the opposite conclusion.

I think that in a model, or interpretation, there are just things that are
denoted.  The form of the denotation used in the formal language being
interpreted (identifiers, variables, position on a piece of paper, etc.)
does not generally exist in the domain of interpretation.  Thus any
distinction in the form of denotation is not material in the domain being
described.

                                 <http://www.baltimore.com>