Re: #rdfms-identity-anon-resources: provenance

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@Baltimore.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:44:31 +0100
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
At 07:45 AM 7/23/01 +0100, Brian McBride wrote:

>Graham Klyne wrote:
> >
> > (3) Ultimately, the assurance conveyed by a signature will apply, I think,
> > to the model theoretic interpretation of the information (in which, I
> > assert, genid's and other identifying forms will not generally be present).
>Not sure I follow that one, but it is suggesting to me that anon resources
>must be distinguishable from non-anonymous ones in the model.  Otherwise
>the model does not represent what the sender signed.

In this case, I come to the opposite conclusion.

I think that in a model, or interpretation, there are just things that are
denoted.  The form of the denotation used in the formal language being
interpreted (identifiers, variables, position on a piece of paper, etc.)
does not generally exist in the domain of interpretation.  Thus any
distinction in the form of denotation is not material in the domain being