#rdfms-identity-anon-resources: provenance

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:53:07 +0100
To: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
I was chatting with a colleague to day and the subject of anon resources
and provenance came up.

Assume I recieve the following rdf from some source SOURCE, possibly with a
digital signature:

  <rdf:Description>
    <foo:bar>foobar</foo:bar>
  </rdf:Description>
  <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://goo">
    <foo:bar><foobar</foo:bar>
  </rdf:Description>

If were to represent this in my machine as:

  <gensym:1234> <foo:bar> "foobar" .
  <http://goo>  <foo:bar> "foobar" .

this is not the information that SOURCE signed - SOURCE made no assertion
about <gensym:1234>.  We'd have to be able to distinguish between the
gensym'd URI and the 'real' one.

Brian