Re: rdfms-graph: Food for thought

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@Baltimore.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:14:01 +0100
To: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Aaron,

I guess all you propose is possible, and reasonable.

When I briefly studied the denotational semantics of programming languages
many years ago (a topic I feel I understand better now than I did then ;-),
which was a kind of model theory, I recall that small additions to the
language whose semantics were being defined could result in a
disproportionate increase in the semantic descriptions of expressions in
that language.  My resistance here is based on my perception of what will
lead to simpler semantics for RDF.

I guess the model theory will tell.

                                 <http://www.baltimore.com>