Re: F2F Page and Agenda

Aaron Swartz wrote:

> On Monday, July 16, 2001, at 01:10  PM, Brian McBride wrote:
>
> > I've created a page for the F2F with a first cut at a suggeted
> > Agenda at:
> >
> >   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20010801-f2f/
>
> Thanks. I'd like to make some comments on it,

Great.  Input welcome.

> since out F2F time
> is so valuable, I think it's important to plan it out carefully:
>
> > Wed, August 1st (all day), @@ room, Bldg @@
> >          1030 Establishing a context - users of RDF
> >                - PRISM?
> >          1050  - MUSICBRAINZ?
> >          1110  - DAML+OIL?
>
> Rael Dornfest and I would be happy to give a to give a short
> talk on RSS and its use of RDF.

Excellent.  Are you also up for MusicBrainz?

[...]
> >          1545 Short Presentations - 10 mins each on interesting
> > stuff we are
> >               doing
>
> I'm curious on the goal of this for the Working Group -- i.e.
> how does this help us?

I'm open minded if this is a good idea or not.  I had a couple of
things in mind.  One was to break the day up a bit, provide a bit
of light relief.  Another was just to share cool stuff - the
short presentations have been very successful at recent events
I've attended.  Another was just to keep reminding us of
what folks are doing with this stuff as debate the intricacies of
skolem functions and the like.

> >          0900 More Issues
>
> I assume the issues will be decided ahead of time, or will they
> be issues about the mode theory / abstract syntax brought up the
> other day?

I'd like to be as well prepared as possible, though new issues may
emerge on the day.

> >          1045 short presentations
>
> What will these presentations be on?

If folks are up for this, the idea was to call for volunteers.

Brian