Re: Priorities for F2F (completion of ACTION: 2001-06-22#4)

From: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:34:45 -0500
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
To: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
On Friday, July 13, 2001, at 01:22  PM, pat hayes wrote:
> However, maybe I was wrong, but I have been assuming that
> 'literal' referred not only to <data:..> but also to things
> like <string:..> and <integer:....>, ie data types more
> generally (??). If so, I think it wouldnt be correct to say
> that all of these only denote themsleves, eg something
> labelling an integer wouldn't actually be an integer.

Well, while the current M&S doesn't deal with data-typing
(AFAIK), "data:" URIs do provide that function. It uses a MIME
type to define the type of the data. For example:

	<data:literal/integer:10>
	<data:literal/string:foo>

But what makes you think that literal refers to these concepts?
I don't see anything like that in the spec.

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |              The Semantic Web
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://logicerror.com/semanticWeb-long>