Re: Proposal: #rdfms-identity-anon-resources

From: <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:28:51 +0100
To: connolly@w3.org
Cc: Graham.Klyne@Baltimore.com, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

> On the contrary: I consider it essential that the
> abstract syntax has a distinguished representation
> for anonymous nodes, and that the interpretation
> of these anonymous nodes in the abstract syntax
> works like existentially quantified variables
> in FOPL.
>
> I've given test cases and running code (n-triples2kif.pl)
> to support this position; I believe Pat H and
> somebody else agreed with me.

based on what we have testcased at
http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/#Problem
I completely agree with you and I really
wonder how else we could model/infer
http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/tpoint-result.n3 or
http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/tpoint-all.n3
(which are not yet equivalent, but that's
another challenge)

> > By way of a reminder, the key question was:
> >
> >    1. Are anonymous resources allowed in the abstract graph syntax?
>
> Absolutely, yes.

yep