Re: Proposal: #rdfms-identity-anon-resources

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Aaron Swartz wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 11, 2001, at 12:27  PM, Graham Klyne wrote:
>
> >   1. Are anonymous resources allowed in the abstract graph syntax?
>
> Not explicitly... I mean, I'm fine with triples stating
> anonymity, but not with a special type of "anonymous" resource.
>
> > No specific mechanism for generating such URIs is mandated, but
> > the following options might be considered:
>
> This is the problem I have. I think all parsers should spit out
> equivalent genids for the same document -- the spec should
> mandate the genid to use.

No! because multiple XML documents represent the same RDF; you'd get
different URIs generated for "equivalent" anonymous nodes.

If you're going to go down this route, the URIs should be UUIDs of some
form.

As it is, I'm opposed to dropping them from the model

jan

PS. unfortunatly, I'm in bed with something like the 'flu at the moment
so an eloquent defence will have to wait until I feel better :-/

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
Lambda calculus? I hardly know 'er!