rdf:value Clarification

From: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 18:37:45 -0500
To: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
In the interest group[1] Uche Ogbuji suggested that we make
clarification of the rdf:value property a priority. I strongly
agree, and while there is a related issue[2] I do not believe
that it captures the entire problem, which I would summarize as:

RDF M&S 1.0 uses, but does not clearly define the rdf:value
property. Various uses and meanings have been suggested, but it
is not clear which one is correct.

I'd like to see this issue addressed soon, as it has an
important effect on current users of RDF 1.0 and a clearer
definition would clarify the meaning of their documents, as well
as stem misuse of this property.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-
interest/2001Jul/0007.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-replace-value